It is with regret that, following the recent announcement from HM Government, the Trust has once again made the decision to close the site to visitors until further notice. We have made this decision in order to protect both the public and our volunteer force.
We are pleased to inform you that the station will be opening for static viewing on Heritage Open Days (September 12th & 13th) and Saturdays & Thursdays, commencing on Saturday 12th September.
• All visits will be guided tours only, commencing at 11am and 1pm.
• Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of the date & time and number of visitors for your intended visit
• On arrival, all visitors MUST report to the Stoker's Rest Cafe to sign in for Track & Trace purposes
• Inline with current government guidelines for enclosed public spaces, face coverings are to be worn at all times by visitors (unless exempt)
• The maximum number on tours will be 6 with no more than 2 ‘bubbles’ of individuals on any one tour
• Tight spaces, such as the ‘bathroom’, will not be included in the tour
• Pre-tour safety briefs will be given by tour lead
• There will be no Cafe facilities, but visitors may consume any food & drink that they have brought with them.
We kindly ask you to be vigilant and respectful of social distancing as this is new to everyone and we are still learning how to operate the site with these new circumstances.
It is with regret that the Trust has also decided to cancel the Model show in July and the Internal Combustion Engines event in August.
We hope to be able to open for static viewing soon, and perhaps to be able to hold a steaming event before the year is out.
Please keep coming back to this website for further updates.
Following a review, it has also been decided to cancel the Spring Bank holiday steaming at the end of May and the Model show in July is currently postponed - we hope to reschedule for later in the year. Please keep coming back to this website for further updates and for further information regarding when we will be open again for static viewing by the public.
It is with regret that, following the recent advice from HM Government, the Trust has made the decision to close the site to visitors until further notice and to cancel our next two public steaming events scheduled for Easter and for the Early May Bank Holiday. We have made these decisions in order to protect both the public and our volunteer force, in line with the Government advice.
We hope that we will be able to steam for the public at the planned late May steaming, 24th and 25th May, but we will make a decision on this toward the end of April when perhaps the situation will be clearer. A further steaming event may be added for the period end June / early July – please keep coming back to this website for further updates and for further information regarding when we will be open again for static viewing by the public.