• From the A38, take the north Burton (CLAY MILLS) exit and follow the A5121 towards Burton.
When approaching from the south, take care - the exit slip has a sharp 180° bend.
Meadow Lane is approximately ½ mile from the junction.
Look for the brown signs at the A38 junction and again at Meadow Lane.
• From Burton town centre, follow signs for Derby (A38).
After passing Arnold Clark's motorstore, watch out for the brown sign at Meadow Lane.
• For SatNav, use postcode "DE13 0DA" to get to Meadow Lane.
• Please observe normal Highway Code rules for the level crossing and do not attempt to cross after the lights have started to flash.
• Although the Burton to Derby line passes right by the pumping station, the trains generally do not stop there!
The nearest station is Burton on Trent.
• The X38 (Burton to Derby) direct service passes the end of Meadow Lane in both directions every 15mins. The nearest stops are the Beech Hotel and the A38 junction. Both are approximately 15mins walk to the pumping station.
• The number 17 Midland Classic stops at Arnold Clark's motorstore every hour but runs in the mornings only. This is approximately 10mins walk from the pumping station.
Claymills Pumping Engines Trust
Burton on Trent